CHAPTER 268 - EMPLOYMENT ACT: SUBSIDIARY LEGISLATION
INDEX TO SUBSIDIARY LEGISLATION
Arrangement of Paragraphs
[Order by the Minister]
SI 343 of 1970.
This Order may be cited as the Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority (Exemption) Order.
Exemption is hereby granted to the Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority from the operation of the following provisions of the Act—
(a) the provisions of Part V requiring contracts of foreign service to be in writing, and dealing with written contracts of foreign service;
(b) the provisions of section 39.
[Order by the Minister]
SI 425 of 1968.
It is hereby declared that Labour Day and Independence Day in each year shall be paid public holidays.
[Currency mentioned in this regulation should be re-denominated as stipulated under S 4 of Re-denomination Act, 2012, read with S 29 of Bank of Zambia Act, 1996.]
Arrangement of Regulations
2. Labour officer's certificate of appointment
3. Record of oral contract
4. Attestation fee
5. Adequate housing
6. Revoked by SI 140 of 1993
7. Revoked by SI 140 of 1993
8. Revoked by SI 140 of 1993
9. Employment agency to be licensed
10. Application for renewal of license
11. License fee
12. Form of license
13. Keeping of records
14. Returns required by Labour Commissioner
15. Maximum fees to be charged by employment agency
16. Production of registers and records
[Regulations by the Minister]
Act 13 of 1994,
SI 370 of 1966,
SI 222 of 1967,
SI 124 of 1973,
SI 46 of 1974,
SI 214 of 1979,
SI 136 of 1981,
SI 61 of 1990,
SI 66 of 1990,
SI 123 of 1990,
SI 140 of 1993.
These Regulations may be cited as the Employment Regulations.
A certificate of appointment or authority to be issued to a Labour officer under section 10 of the Act, shall be in the Form 1 set out in the First Schedule.
Every record of an oral contract of service required under the provisions of section 24 of the Act shall be in Form 2 set out in the First Schedule.
(1) Upon the attestation of any contract of foreign service, the employer, or his authorised agent, shall pay to the Government an attestation fee in respect of each person so engaged at the rate of one fee unit for every month, or part thereof, during which the said contract is to endure.
(2) Where the parties to an intended contract of foreign service require a proper officer to attest the contract, they shall, either together or severally, give reasonable notice of such intention to a proper officer; and such proper officer shall satisfy himself that the said contract is in proper form and complies with the Act, and with any written law relating to immigration.
[Am by SI 66 of 1990.]
Adequate housing required to be provided under section 41 of the Act shall be housing which complies with the appropriate standards prescribed in Parts I, II and III of the Second Schedule.
An application for the grant of a license to operate an employment agency shall be in the Form 3 in the First Schedule.
Application for the renewal of a license to operate an employment agency shall be made not less than six weeks prior to the date of expiry of the current license, in the Form 4 in the First Schedule.
For the issue or renewal of a license to operate an employment agency the fee shall be one hundred and fifty fee units.
[Am by SI 66 of 1990; Act 13 of 1994.]
(1) Every license to operate an employment agency shall be in the Form 5 in the First Schedule.
(2) Every employment agency or branch thereof shall have a license managing its operations, and no license shall be transferred and a person shall not use or attempt to use a license issued to any other person.
Every employment agency shall keep or cause to be kept—
(a) adequate and proper registers showing—
(i) the full names of all applicants seeking employment registered with the agency;
(ii) the occupation of each applicant;
(iii) the manner and form of assistance afforded by the agency to the applicant
(b) records of the operation of the undertaking showing—
(i) existing vacancies notified to the agency;
(ii) placings in employment made by or with the assistance of the agency;
(iii) the fees charged by the agency and particulars of fees actually paid by the applicants.
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.