AFRICAN WAR MEMORIAL FUND ACT
Arrangement of Sections
1. Short title
3. Establishment of Board of Trustees
4. Constitution of Board
5. Proceedings of Board
6. Management of buildings
7. Powers and duties of Board
8. Bursaries and grants
9. Discretion of Board
10. Investment of money
11. Investment of funds
12. Staff and expenses
13. Opinion of majority of the trustees to be binding on the minority
14. Annulment of trust deed and validation of acts
to make new provision for the administration of the African War Memorial Fund; and to provide for matters incidental to and connected therewith.
[14th December, 1954]
Act 37 of 1954,
Act 31 of 1956,
Act 18 of 1961,
SI 53 of 1965.
This Act may be cited as the African War Memorial Fund Act.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—
“the Board” means the African War Memorial Fund Board of Trustees established under section 3;
“the Fund” means the African War Memorial Fund.
(1) For the purposes of managing the Fund and for the other purposes of this Act, there shall be established a Board of Trustees which shall be a body corporate with the name of "The African War Memorial Fund Board of Trustees", with perpetual succession and power to acquire and hold and sell or otherwise dispose of land.
(2) The Fund shall consist of—
(a) the money and investments forming part of the Fund at the commencement of this Act;
(b) such other sums as may, from time to time, be credited to the Fund by the Government or any person for the purposes of this Act.
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.